E-visits and video visits bring medical appointments to you
Get an MUSC provider’s advice and a prescription, if needed, without leaving home, work, vacation, or wherever you are.
Explore MUSC Health E-Visits
E-visits are for current MUSC Health patients – you have to have seen an MUSC Health provider within the past three years. Other than that, they’re really simple. All you need for an e-visit is an internet connection and a MUSC Health MyChart account. Choose from a list of covered conditions, answer a few questions, and usually within an hour, you’ll get a response. The cost is just $25 per visit.
Explore MUSC Health Video Visits
Video visits are for MUSC and non-MUSC patients. They work like FaceTime or Skype – you see the provider, the provider sees you and you discuss your health issue through a secure video feed. All you need for a video visit is an internet connection and to sign-up for an MUSC Health MyChart account. The cost is just $50 per visit.
What types of conditions are right for Video and E-Visits?
Video visits and e-visits are great for less serious conditions such as skin rashes, allergies, STDs, the flu, jellyfish bites – problems that require medical care but not necessarily a trip to the doctor’s office.
Telemedicine Options – Urgent Care Services
When a patient needs to be seen for urgent care conditions and either can’t get to their PCP or there aren’t any available appointment slots, there are other MUSC solutions for the patient. Telemedicine options are available through MyChart!
For patients who want to be seen ASAP, the urgent care E-Visits are a great option because they are available 24/7 and are a less expensive choice. For patients who want to see and speak to a provider, the urgent care Video Visits are a fantastic option.
MyChart Website: https://mychart.muschealth.com/
|Technology Needed||No video camera or web cam required||Video camera, web cam, or smart phone required|
|MyChart – through a Web Browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox). Can’t do via MyChart app, but can do it on a phone through a web browser||MyChart – through a web browser or MyChart app|
MyChart new users will need to request an activation code via MyChart website
|Cost||$25||$50; or $25 if a patient has the MUSC Health Plan|
Family Medicine and Internal Medicine, if the patient has been seen by a provider from that department
|Criteria||Patient 18 and older, seen by a MUSC provider in the last 36 months||MUSC and non-MUSC patients 18 and older; insurance on file|
Common urgent care conditions where the patient would like to visually see the provider or have a conversation with the provider
Ex. Infections, Rash, Pink Eye, Cold/Flu Symptoms, and generally not feeling well
Exclusions: Neither urgent care e-visits nor urgent care video visits are appropriate for specialty care patients
E-Visit Questions: Call Emily Sigmon at 843-792-7331.
Online visits are definitely not for severe injuries and illnesses. For those, you need to see your primary care doctor. If it’s an emergency, of course call 9-1-1.
View our short video below to learn more
How to get started with an E-Visit
- Log in to MUSC Health MyChart.
- You’ll see the e-visit option on the upper left side of your screen. Click it and read the terms and conditions.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, complete the e-visit authorization. This is where you will enter credit or debit card information, but your card will not be charged at this point.
- The next step is to choose which condition you think you’re suffering from a list of about 30 options. (If none of the choices fits, you can cancel the e-visit at this point and call your provider to schedule an in-person appointment.)
- Enter your pharmacy information.
- Verify your address, insurance information and other details.
- Choose from a list of symptoms.
- Submit! You should hear from a provider fairly quickly. The average response time is about an hour.
- If the provider says an e-visit isn't right for you because you need to see a doctor in person, your $25 e-visit fee will be refunded.
“The turnaround time has been pretty fast. I’ve had doctors respond as quickly as ten minutes, and the longest response time has been 45 minutes.”
Janet Martin, e-visit patient