What to know about prostate cancer
- Second most common male cancer and a leading cause of death in men
- A major concern for men ages 40 to 60, despite advances in diagnosis and treatment
- Early diagnosis and treatment dramatically improves outcomes
- Attacks one in six men, but fatal in just 3 percent of cases, thanks to effective diagnosis and treatment
- Significant cause of death for elderly patients
Prostate cancer care at MUSC Health
- Multidisciplinary team — Urology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, radiology, interventional radiology, pathology
- Weekly conference to discuss each new case
- Most advanced diagnostic and staging capabilities for both localized and metastatic disease imaging
- Genitourinary fellowship-trained pathologist who reviews all prostate biopsies obtained at MUSC and many from across the state
- Among the most experienced centers in the nation in staging and identifying early advanced disease — essential for effective multi-modality therapy
- South Carolina’s only medical center offering all four types of prostatectomy — robotic, laparoscopic, perineal and retropubic
- The latest radiotherapeutic techniques and national and regional clinical trials — MUSC Hollings Cancer Center is the state’s only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center
Urology Services Contacts
To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors or nurse practitioners, please call 843-792-7888.
MUSC Department of Urology
ATTN: (please put a recipient)
96 Jonathan Lucas Street, CSB 644
PO Box 250620
Charleston, SC 29425
Need to send a fax?
Fax Urology Administration at
843-792-8523. please use a cover sheet with the intended recipient.