MUSC Health Urology
Urologic conditions such as an enlarged prostate, kidney stones, incontinence and sexual dysfunction can cause pain, embarrassment and discomfort. At MUSC Health Urology, we work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to improve your quality of life.
Our urologists are among the most experienced and skilled in the tri-state region. Not only do they provide expert preventative care, they are international leaders in repairing problems that develop after complex surgeries. There is no aspect of urologic care our program can’t provide.
MUSC Health is proud to have earned U.S. News & World Report 2018 – 2019 high-performing hospital designation in Urology.
Request an Appointment
To learn more about urology services or request an appointment, please call 843-792-7888. You can also find a MUSC Health urology location near you.
Urology at MUSC Health: Why Choose Us?
We treat urologic conditions ranging from the routine to the most critical. Our urologists have completed additional training in subspecialty areas such as urologic cancers, male infertility, kidney stone disease, and pelvic and bladder health. You receive expert care from doctors specializing in treating your specific diagnosis.
At MUSC Health, you also benefit from:
- Highly trained team: All of our urologists are board-certified and fellowship-trained in a specific area of urology. Those distinctions mean our doctors passed optional, rigorous exams and completed additional years of subspecialty training. Providers from across the tri-state area look to our team members for their expertise and advice. Meet our team.
- Leaders in the field: Our doctors are leaders in the field, having written hundreds of articles, books and book chapters on urology. They are frequently invited to speak nationally and internationally about our innovative treatments. We also train doctors from around the country on advanced techniques. At MUSC, you receive care from some of the country’s most respected and experienced urologists.
- Advanced diagnostic services: We offer the most advanced and innovative diagnostic services, including services not available anywhere else in the region. For example, we are the only program in South Carolina offering videourodynamic studies, the most advanced diagnostic test available for lower urinary tract conditions.
- Specialized treatments and expertise: We are experts at urinary tract reconstruction. Doctors from the tri-state region as well as Tennessee and Florida send their patients to us for these surgeries. The treatment helps people who have bladder dysfunction caused by damaged nerves. Learn more about urology conditions and treatments.
- Unique expertise: Our men’s sexual health and fertility specialist is the only one with fellowship training in the region. This special expertise means you receive the most advanced and effective treatment for sexual dysfunction and fertility concerns. Find out more about our men's sexual health and fertility.
Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Charleston, Mount Pleasant, West Ashley, and North Charleston. All are easily accessible and equipped to handle your needs. Just call to schedule an appointment, and we will make every effort to accommodate your schedule.
Downtown Charleston Offices
The downtown offices are located in Rutledge Tower, and include our adult and pediatric clinics. Both offices are located at the following address:
MUSC Rutledge Tower
135 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29425
The adult clinic is located on the 5th floor. The pediatric clinic is located on the 4th floor. Parking is available in the Ashley-Rutledge parking garage, accessible from both Ashely and Rutledge Avenues.
MUSC Health Urology Mount Pleasant
East Cooper Medical Pavilion
1600 Midtown Avenue
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
MUSC Health Urology North Area
North Charleston Medical Pavilion
8992 University Boulevard
North Charleston, SC 29406
Urology Patient Resources
Bobbi Connor of South Carolina Public Radio interviews Dr. Thomas Keane about bout the latest research related to smoking and bladder cancer.
Listen to the Health Focus Podcast.
Consult our health library to learn more about urologic conditions we treat.
Urology Services Contacts
To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors or nurse practitioners, please call 843-792-7888.
MUSC Department of Urology
ATTN: (please put a recipient)
96 Jonathan Lucas Street, CSB 644
PO Box 250620
Charleston, SC 29425
Need to send a fax?
Fax Urology Administration at
843-792-8523. please use a cover sheet with the intended recipient.