MUSC Health Strategic Plan
Welcome to the MUSC Health Strategic Plan Website. This site is aimed at keeping all members of the MUSC Health community informed about how we are Changing What's Possible through our Strategic Plan. Please visit this site often for the latest information about our Strategic Planning efforts and upcoming events. We would love to hear from you, please email us any feedback and/or ideas that you may have: email@example.com.
John R. Feussner, M.D., MPH
Executive Senior Associate
Dean for Clinical Affairs
Patrick J. Cawley, M.D., MBA
Medical Center and
Vice President for Clinical
Vision & Strategic Intent
MUSC will be nationally recognized as a Premier Academic Medical Center
Top 25 among academic medical centers for reputation, quality, service, efficiency and financial performance by 2015
MUSC Health has the following seven strategies to reach its goals.
Continue to build upon the strength of our health system to better serve the MUSC Health Community by:
- Strengthening MUSC’s culture of excellence to ensure every patient, guest, physician, and MUSC Health team member is connected to our mission “Changing What’s Possible” in Healthcare.
- Establishing an enterprise-wide infrastructure which fosters decision making and accountability to ensure our patients receive an unrivaled experience.
- Maintaining consistency in our performance standards, incentives and accountability enterprise-wide to enrich our reputation, quality, service, efficiency and financial performance.
Enhance MUSC’s name regionally and nationally by promoting:
- Our designation as a Premier Academic Medical Center recognized for our patient care, research and overall reputation in achieving excellence in healthcare.
- Our nationally recognized specialties: Heart and Vascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Pediatric subspecialties and Transplant Services.
- Our leadership role in achieving numerous Clinical Translation Science Awards by taking research from "the bench to the bedside" so our patients benefit from our breakthroughs.
Improve and simplify patient access to the MUSC Health Community by:
- Eliminating all barriers that inhibit patients and referring physicians from adequately accessing our services.
- Establishing simple and responsive communication to community and referring physicians through use of technology.
- Bringing care to patients that is closer to home through our multispecialty outreach sites.
Expand our services in the state of South Carolina by:
- Growing our primary care network through affiliations and partnerships.
- Strengthening partnerships with our referring physicians to ensure their patients receive excellent customer and patient care.
- Developing an innovative Medical Home platform which will provide our patients with easily accessible, comprehensive medical care that results in better health.
Partner with healthcare providers across the state to ensure that patients receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time by:
- Bringing our exceptional healthcare into more South Carolina communities.
- Providing our patients and their loved ones with improved access for pre- and post-acute care services such as rehabilitation and hospice.
Building the infrastructure (human and financial) to advance science and discovery toward evidence-based practice, innovative solutions, and the education of future leaders by:
- Reducing unnecessary healthcare costs while maintaining excellent clinical outcomes and quality.
- Attracting, retaining, and rewarding talented faculty and staff.
- Achieving Magnet status, the "gold standard" for nursing excellence.
Connect in “real time” with our patients, referring physicians and hospitals through advancing our information technology capabilities by:
- Integrating our electronic health record for outpatient and inpatient services to enhance communication and improve collaboration and coordination of care.
- Becoming nationally recognized as a leader in the electronic delivery of superior telemedicine via a telehealth network.
- Building a highly reliable IT/communications infrastructure.