MUSC Hollings Cancer Center’s new TrueBeamTM STx technology will make its debut next week. We are very excited to offer this highly advanced cancer treatment option to our patients.
TrueBeam STx is used to treat malignant and benign tumors in various parts of the body without incisions or sedation. TrueBeam STx treatments are neither surgery nor traditional radiation therapy.
TrueBeam STx provides several benefits for patients, particularly those seeking an alternative to surgery or conventional radiation therapy. Key advantages of the treatment include:
- Noninvasive, no incisions
- No anesthesia or hospitalization required
- Five or fewer outpatient treatment sessions
- Little to no recovery time
- Allows for an immediate return to daily activities
- Minimal, if any, side effects due to pinpoint precision of high dose radiation delivery
- Minimal radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding a tumor
Wondering if you could be a candidate for TrueBeam STx treatment? Contact us to schedule a consultation.