What Is Primary Care?
A primary care provider oversees the essential health care needs of you and your family. At MUSC Health Primary Care, our providers are dedicated to helping you and your loved ones get healthy and stay healthy. They accomplish these goals by promoting wellness, detecting and managing chronic conditions, and providing prompt care for sudden illnesses.
If you are new to the area and needing a family doctor, looking for pediatric care for your newborn, or choosing a new provider closer to your home, we offer convenient primary care locations throughout the Lowcountry.
Types of Primary Care
You’ll find several types of primary care providers to choose from within the MUSC Health network. Our primary care services include:
No matter what your family’s health needs are, you can find a trusted primary care provider near you.
About Primary Care
MUSC Health Primary Care providers focus on three important health care services:
- Preventive health screenings, including:
- Annual physicals
- Sports physicals
- Well-child checkups
- Well-woman exams
- Men’s health care
- Geriatric health care
- Nutrition and dietary guidance
Disease prevention and management
- Identification of risk factors that contribute to chronic diseases
- Expert guidance to lower disease risk factors
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and heart disease
- Management of complex medical conditions, such as cancer and heart failure, in partnership with disease specialists at MUSC Health
Immediate and after-hours care
- Diagnosis and treatment of short-term ailments, such as:
- Colds and flu
- Infections, including strep and ear infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of injuries, such as:
- Back pain
- Pulled muscles
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Our primary care practices have each received certifications as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), which means you receive high-quality, team-based health care. Learn more about Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
We make it easy for you to schedule an appointment from anywhere at any time: