Temporary Visitor Restrictions at MUSC Hospitals
At MUSC Health, the safety of our patients and care team continues to be our #1 priority. As a reminder, due to the influx of flu cases, we implemented hospital visitor restrictions and screenings on Friday, January 12. These restrictions have been extended through Monday, January 29.
- Visitor access is limited to those visiting a patient in the emergency department or inpatient units.
- Visitors are restricted to patients’ immediate family members only (partners, significant others, spouses, parents, children, and caregivers). This does not apply to those requesting medical records in person, visiting the cafeteria, gift shop, etc.
- Children under age 12 are strongly discouraged from visiting patients during this time.
Patient and Visitor Screening
- All patients and visitors checking in to our hospital and all ambulatory clinics will go through a flu screening questionnaire.
- Patients and visitors who screen positive (fever, chills, cough, or contact with a symptomatic patient within the last 7 days) will be required to wear a mask at our hospitals and clinics.
- Visitors who do not comply with screening guidelines may not be allowed to visit patients.
We will reassess these restrictions on January 29 to determine if they need to remain in place. We appreciate your help in maintaining a safe environment for our patients and care providers during this time.