Welcome to MUSC!
We look forward to you joining our team and thank you for making MUSC Medical Center your Employer of Choice.
Director, MUSC Medical Center Human Resources
Review All Links Below
Post Offer Health/Drug Screening
What do I bring to my appointment?
- Drivers license or state issued ID
- List of prescription medications you are taking
- Current immunization records
- Official documentation proving/showing receipt of flu vaccine IF you already received your flu vaccine/flu mist for the current flu season. This will ensure compliance with our compulsory flu policy and not delay your start to work date.
What to Bring on Your First Day
- ORIGINAL acceptable documents for Form I-9 (from link, see Page 9 for list of acceptable documents). You must provide original documents from (a) or (b) below:
- One document that establishes both identity (photo) and employment authorization.
- Separate documents for identity and employment authorization.
- Social Security Card. This is required for payroll processing. If you are using the social security card as one of the required documents for the I-9, an original is required. If you are providing the social security card for Payroll purposes only, a legible photocopy is acceptable - Additional information on social security cards (PDF)
- Pre-Placement Exam Report from Employee Health Services (i.e., health clearance)
- Voided check for Direct Deposit form
What to Wear
New Employee Orientation Schedule - Print schedule and bring with you to orientation. It outlines the first two weeks of orientation/classes you may be required to attend. If you have any questions, please call one of the contacts listed on the schedule or your recruiter.
Parking and Bus Information
New employees can park at the Hagood lot located at 305 Fishburne Street (across the street from the Riverdogs Baseball Park). Human Resources (HR) will send you a temporary parking pass in the mail prior to orientation. If you do not receive it, please contact your HR Recruiter. See Maps & Directions on this page for directions to the Hagood lot. Permanent parking arrangements are to be made during the first week of orientation.
What Bus to Take
Take the MUSC bus marked "Jonathan Lucas" to go to orientation. After you depart the bus, walk towards the Pediatric Emergency Services entrance. Enter through the revolving door and follow the signs for New Employee Orientation in the 2 West Amphitheater, University Hospital. Click here to view the MUSC Bus Schedule - allow at least 15 minutes travel time between Hagood lot and University Hospital.
Where to Register for Parking
The Office of Parking Management is located at 91 President Street, 2nd floor. Bring your vehicle registration, ID badge and form of payment to apply for parking. Forms of payment accepted are cash, credit card or check. Visit the Office of Parking Management’s Website for information about parking locations, employee rates, after-hours parking program, parking regulations, and additional parking options. The telephone number is 843-792-3665.
CARTA Bus (MUSC employees ride free)
MUSC employees and students can ride any CARTA bus free with their MUSC ID badge. You can check out CARTA and CARTA Express routes and schedules via their Website.
Print schedule and bring with you to orientation. It outlines the first two weeks of orientation/classes you may be required to attend. If you have any questions, please call one of the contacts listed on the schedule or your HR Recruiter.
If you will be working in an outpatient setting such as Rutledge Tower, Family Medicine, Storm Eye, Hollings Cancer Center, Women's Health, please print the Outpatient Clinics Orientation Schedule for new employees and bring to orientation. For a complete listing of outpatient locations, click here.
What to Wear
Clinical Dress Code Colors
New Employee Benefits
When it comes to electing your benefits, the Benefits staff is available to assist you in making the best decisions for you and your family. To facilitate this process, the staff presents a four-hour session during day two of Organizational Orientation in which your benefits will be explained in detail. You will have the opportunity to ask questions in helping you make informed decisions.
We offer the full suite of insurance benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, life and long term care. Additionally, we administer seven different retirement plans. For a listing of all benefits, visit our Benefits web site.
Benefits Manager, Medical Center Human Resources
Maps and Directions
- Directions to MUSC Employee Health Services
- Directions to Hagood Lot (parking for new employees)
- Campus Map
- Medical Center 1st Floor Map
Medical Center Human Resources
- Employment 843-792-0819
- Benefits 843-792-0826
- Human Resources Fax 843-792-0853
Employee Health Services 843-792-2991 Fax: 843-792-1200
Parking Management 843-792-3665
Public Safety & Security 843-792-4196
BLS: Community Training Center 843-876-8696
Clinical Education Office 843-792-2409
Computer Training 843-792-9059