Heart & Vascular Center
Heart problems can significantly affect the years in your life and the quality of life in your years. At the MUSC Health Heart & Vascular Center, we provide personalized, compassionate care and the latest treatments to help you live life to the fullest.
Our cardiologists and heart surgeons provide the highest level of specialization, expertise and an extensive range of treatment options for all types of heart problems.
Heart and Vascular Care at MUSC Health: Why Choose Us?
As the only academic medical center in South Carolina, we offer more heart disease specialists and treatment options than any other hospital in the state. Each year, our exceptionally skilled physicians save and transform hundreds of lives.
When you come to MUSC Health’s Heart & Vascular Center, you benefit from:
Care That Focuses on You
- Personalized treatment: Our most important mission is to diagnosis, treat and heal. Our doctors work as a team, tapping specific expertise when needed, to provide the most advanced and effective treatments for your individual health needs. Our nurse coordinators guide you throughout the diagnostic and treatment process.
- Convenience: The serene, modern Ashley River Tower houses all of the Heart & Vascular Center’s care programs and is the one address for your heart care needs. Our team strives to schedule all of your diagnostic evaluations and tests, as well as consultations with appropriate heart specialists, on the same day. We also have clinic locations throughout the region.
Depth of Experience
- Exceptional results: We treat more heart patients than any other medical center in the state. Treating such a high volume of patients has deepened our expertise and led to outstanding outcomes. Our rates of complications and hospital readmissions are lower than national averages.
- All levels of care: Doctors from across South Carolina and the country refer patients to us for treatment of complicated heart and vascular problems. We treat patients with challenging and difficult cases, making us uniquely skilled at managing all heart and vascular conditions, from the routine to the most complex.
- Expertise: Each of our doctors has a specialized area of cardiac expertise, including in heart failure, heart valve problems, arrhythmias and interventional and surgical procedures. Our nationally recognized specialists share their experience and knowledge with cardiologists from around the world in teaching conferences and in professional societies. Our specialists also teach the next generation of heart experts who receive training in cardiology and cardiac surgery right here at MUSC Health. Meet our team.
- Exclusive treatment options: Our nationally acclaimed doctors are the only ones in the state with the training and expertise to perform certain heart procedures, including the WATCHMAN™ device for arrhythmias, MitraClip® for valve problems and heart transplants. As national leaders in testing new devices, we pioneer more devices than any other center in South Carolina.
- Minimally invasive procedures: Whenever possible, our doctors use minimally invasive approaches and procedures. We get you back on your feet faster by using surgical techniques that minimize the risk of infection, reduce pain after surgery and speed your recovery.
- The latest therapies: One of our missions is to discover new treatments. As South Carolina’s only medical research and training institution, we are able to offer you the chance to participate in clinical research projects including clinical trials of new drugs, devices and approaches to heart disease. For example, you may be able to try a new drug for heart failure or high blood pressure, a minimally invasive heart procedure that speeds recovery time or a new device that improves your quality of life by supporting your heart function. Participation in clinical trials is always voluntary. Learn more about MUSC’s research and clinical trials.
To learn more about services available at the MUSC Heart & Vascular Center or to schedule an appointment, please call 843-792-1616.
Refer a Patient
Submit an online appointment referral form or call our 24-hour referring physician service, MEDULINE, at 800-922-5250.
Heart & Vascular Services
Learn more about some of the programs and services offered at MUSC Health's Heart & Vascular Center by reviewing the specific program web pages listed below.
MUSC Health's strategic approach to treating adults with congenital heart defects combines the expertise of our top pediatric cardiologist with that of an adult cardiologist specially trained in treating congenital heart disease.
Aortic disease specialists at MUSC Health offer comprehensive treatments, including minimally invasive procedures for complex aneurysms.
MUSC Health offers more heart failure treatment options, including heart transplants, than any other South Carolina medical center.
MUSC Health is home to the only Arrhythmia Treatment Center in South Carolina offering a full range of treatment options, including the WATCHMAN device.
Improve your heart health at South Carolina’s most established and comprehensive cardiac rehab program at MUSC Health.
As a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center, our patients are fast-tracked upon arrival for immediate care, offering the best chances for survival.
Experts at MUSC Health can help you lower your risk factors for heart disease.
MUSC Health’s specialized heart surgery team is skilled at the latest minimally invasive techniques, as well as traditional procedures.
The pediatric cardiology and surgical specialists at MUSC Children's Hospital provide inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, treatment and follow-up services for a full range of pediatric cardiovascular disorders.
The South Carolina Heart Valve Center at MUSC Health offers more treatment options for heart valve disease than any other center in the state. Our heart valve specialists are the most experienced in the state at performing minimally invasive heart valve treatments, including TAVR and MitraClip.
MUSC Health offers the full spectrum of detection, monitoring and therapies for circulatory disorders, including arteriosclerosis, aneurysms and carotid stenosis and advanced venous disorders.
The MUSC Health Heart & Vascular Center has locations throughout the region.
- Ashley River Tower, located at 25 Courtenay Drive in the beautiful Charleston peninsula
- A parking garage with direct hospital access for Ashley River Tower patients and their families is located at 5 Charleston Center Drive, off of Courtenay Drive. (This is the former County Garage.)
- Get driving directions to the Ashley River Tower parking garage.
- Disabled and emergency parking is available on the ground level of Ashley River Tower at 25 Courtenay Drive.
- Valet parking is available for $5, and is located on the Ashley River Tower horseshoe at 25 Courtenay Drive.
- East Cooper Medical Pavilion, located at 1600 Midtown Avenue, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464.
- North Charleston Medical Pavilion, located at 8992 University Boulevard, North Charleston, SC 29406.
- West Ashley, located at 2075 Charlie Hall Boulevard, Charleston, SC 29414.