Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Your eyes are among the first things people notice when meeting you. If you are not pleased with their appearance or function, come to MUSC Health Storm Eye Institute. Our team includes a nationally recognized oculoplastic surgeon. We specialize in complex reconstructions that restore a natural appearance and better function.
Request an Appointment
To request more information about our services, please call 843-792-2020. You can also learn more about MUSC Health Storm Eye Institute, including our team of doctors and locations.
Oculoplastics & Reconstructive Eye Surgery: Why Choose Storm Eye Institute?
The eyelids and other structures on the outside of your eye are both complex and delicate. When a medical problem affects the appearance or function of your eye, you need specialized care only an oculoplastic surgeon can provide.
We offer extensive experience and a gentle touch to help you achieve the best possible results. Highlights of our program include:
- Highly skilled surgeons: Our team includes surgeons who are dedicated to plastic and reconstructive eye surgery. Our track record for safe, effective care has helped some of our doctors maintain spots on Castle Connolly’s list of America’s Top Doctors® since 2007.
- Coordinated care: You have access to any eye specialist you could possibly need, all under one roof. Our oculoplastic surgeons work alongside other experts, including eye cancer experts, to coordinate your care. This approach helps you get the treatments you need without extra office visits.
- Pediatric expertise: MUSC Health is home to experts who specialize in helping children improve their eye function. We are one of a few programs in South Carolina with eye care experts dedicated to meeting the unique needs of children. This level of expertise helps us treat abnormalities, such as blocked tear ducts, with a high success rate. Find out more about pediatric ophthalmology.
What Is Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery?
Oculoplastic surgery includes procedures to enhance the appearance of or reconstruct the tissue surrounding the eyeball.
Conditions we treat with oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery include:
- Blocked tear ducts
- Congenital (present at birth) eye conditions, including problems with the bones surrounding the eyes
- Droopy eyelid (ptosis)
- Eye cancer
- Thyroid diseases affecting the eye, such as Graves disease
Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
At MUSC Health, you receive all the care you need under one roof. We offer the complete range of surgical procedures, including complex reconstructions, to help you achieve a more normal appearance and better function.
Oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery procedures we offer include:
- Fixing droopy eyelids that may interfere with your field of vision
- Opening blocked tear ducts
- Reconstructing eyelids and other structures that support the eye, after cancer treatments
- Repairing eye injuries after serious accidents (trauma)
- Repairing congenital eye conditions
Cosmetic Eye Procedures & Treatments
If you are not pleased with the appearance of your eyes, you may benefit from a cosmetic eye procedure. Cosmetic treatments improve the eyes’ appearance when there are no medical conditions present. We offer all the latest procedures and services.
Our cosmetic procedures and treatments include:
- Eyebrow lift: This procedure gives you a more youthful appearance by raising sagging eyebrows. An eyebrow lift can also reduce the appearance of wrinkles near your eyes and on your forehead.
- Eyelash treatments: We help you achieve longer, fuller eye lashes with products such as LATISSE® medicated solution.
- Eyelid surgery: We can tighten loose, sagging skin on your upper or lower eyelids. Eyelid surgery may also reduce the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
- Injections: We can improve wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes with injections such as Botox® and Juvéderm®.